You'll be really excited and have so much on your mind leading up to your departure that you could easily forget to pack some of the essentials for your trip. We've listed some of our suggestions below and also added in some TIPS for you!
- 1/2 full suitcase: because Asia has some of the best bargain shopping in the world! (You will have to pay extra if you go over the 20KG average luggage allowance set by most airlines)
- Warm clothes for the plane: sometimes the air-con gets a bit chilly!
- Neck rest/favourite pillow: to help you sleep on the plane
- International plug/adapter for your: Lap-top/IPod/hair-dryer etc
- CHARGERS: for your phone/laptop/cameras etc
- Your favourite DVD's: you'll need to rest during the first few days of your recovery.
- Sun hat and sunglasses
- Your favourite Books/Magazines
- Laxatives (sometimes the codeine in the pain killers can make you a little constipated)
- Camera/video camera
- PASSWORDS to email and Facebook accounts so you can keep in touch with everyone back home!
AND...basically anything else you think may make you feel more comfortable and at ease during your recovery away from home!
We hope OUR little tips above help; but here's even more info for you to consider...Click on this link for a very comprehensive list of things to think about when you are planning your overseas travel: http://www.ageing-hipsters-travel.com/international-travel-checklist.html
If you've already been to Thailand (or any of our other destinations for any kind of surgery) and think you can add some tips to help others then please do so in the forum http://www.healthcare-hands.com/faq!
Happy travels everyone!!!
Healthcare Hands Team x